Warrensburg in Johnson County, Missouri — The American Midwest (Upper Plains)
Johnson County Centennial
1836 - 1936
the organization of
on December 13, 1834,
and the location of
the county seat at Warrensburg
on December 13, 1836.
Johnson County Court House
Commenced July 1896
Completed January 1898
Erected 1936 by The George Frederick Burckhartt Chapter USD of 1812, Johnson County, and Warrensburg City Council.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Notable Events.
Location. 38° 45.907′ N, 93° 44.442′ W. Marker is in Warrensburg, Missouri, in Johnson County. Marker is at the intersection of Holden Street and Market Street, on the left when traveling north on Holden Street. Marker is at the county courthouse entrance. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 300 North Holden Street, Warrensburg MO 64093, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Johnson County Courthouse (a few steps from this marker); Senator Vest's World Famous Tribute to Old Drum War Memorial (within shouting distance of this marker); Pertle Springs (within shouting distance of this marker); Welcome to Blind Boone Park (approx. 0.4 miles away); John William Boone (approx. half a mile away); Old Public Square (approx. half a mile away); Johnson County's Old Courthouse (approx. half a mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Warrensburg.
Also see . . . History of Johnson County, Missouri, by Ewing Cockrell (1918). (Submitted on July 13, 2015, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on July 13, 2015, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 192 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on July 13, 2015, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.