Old Town West in Alexandria, Virginia — The American South (Mid-Atlantic)
Home of Edmund Jennings Lee
Erected 1967 by John Alexander Chapter, National Society Daughters of the American Revolution.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Churches & Religion • War, US Revolutionary. In addition, it is included in the Daughters of the American Revolution (DAR) series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1837.
Location. 38° 48.572′ N, 77° 2.77′ W. Marker is in Alexandria, Virginia. It is in Old Town West. Marker is at the intersection of North Washington Street (Virginia Route 400) and Oronoco Street, on the right when traveling south on North Washington Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 428 N Washington St, Alexandria VA 22314, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking Lee-Fendall House (within shouting distance of this marker); a different marker also named Lee-Fendall House (within shouting distance of this marker); Washington-Rochambeau Route (within shouting distance of this marker); Grosvenor Hospital (within shouting distance of this marker); Potts-Fitzhugh-Lee House (within shouting distance of this marker); From Factory to Housing (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Historic Street (about 400 feet away); a different marker also named Historic Street (about 500 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Alexandria.
More about this marker. Edmund Jennings Lee (1772–1843) died across the street is what today known as the Lee-Fendall House.
Credits. This page was last revised on January 28, 2023. It was originally submitted on June 26, 2008, by J. J. Prats of Powell, Ohio. This page has been viewed 2,305 times since then and 52 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on June 26, 2008, by J. J. Prats of Powell, Ohio.