Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Jackson in East Feliciana Parish, Louisiana — The American South (West South Central)
 

Feliciana Courthouse

(1816-1824)

 
 
Feliciana Courthouse Marker image. Click for full size.
January 1, 2011
1. Feliciana Courthouse Marker
Inscription.  Jackson became the seat of justice for Feliciana Parish by Act of Legislature, Jan., 1815. Public town square donated by James Ficklin and John Horton. In active use until parish divided into East and West Feliciana in February, 1824.
 
Erected 1971 by Louisiana Tourist Commission.
 
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Government & PoliticsSettlements & Settlers. A significant historical month for this entry is February 1824.
 
Location. 30° 50.275′ N, 91° 12.839′ W. Marker is in Jackson, Louisiana, in East Feliciana Parish. Marker is at the intersection of College Street (State Highway 952) and High Street (State Highway 952), on the right when traveling south on College Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1730 High St, Jackson LA 70748, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Battle of Jackson (here, next to this marker); Original Feliciana Courthouse (a few steps from this marker); a different marker also named Battle of Jackson (within shouting distance of this marker); Methodist Church (about 500 feet
Feliciana Courthouse image. Click for full size.
January 1, 2011
2. Feliciana Courthouse
Click or scan to see
this page online
away, measured in a direct line); First European Settlers (about 600 feet away); Jackson (about 700 feet away); Republic of West Florida (about 700 feet away); Crown Metal Products Narrow Gauge Locomotive #2 (about 800 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Jackson.
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on July 19, 2015. This page has been viewed 420 times since then and 38 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on July 19, 2015. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.
 
Editor’s want-list for this marker. A wide view photo of the marker and the surrounding area in context. • Can you help?

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=85776

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
Paid Advertisements
 
 

Nov. 26, 2022