St. James in St. James Parish, Louisiana — The American South (West South Central)
St. Jacques de Cabahanoce
Erected 1957 by Louisiana Department of Commerce and Industry.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Churches & Religion. A significant historical year for this entry is 1757.
Location. 30° 0.974′ N, 90° 50.515′ W. Marker is in St. James, Louisiana, in St. James Parish. Marker is at the intersection of River Road (State Highway 18) and Department of Energy Road, on the right when traveling south on River Road. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 6613 LA-18, Saint James LA 70086, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Site of First Acadian Settlers in Louisiana (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Judge Poché Plantation House (approx. 0.9 miles away); Convent (approx. 0.9 miles away); Uncle Sam Plantation (approx. 1½ miles The Settlement Of Freetown (approx. 1.9 miles away); Manresa House of Retreats (approx. 2.1 miles away); Cabahanoce Plantation (approx. 2.4 miles away); Malarcher House (approx. 2½ miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in St. James.
Credits. This page was last revised on December 11, 2022. It was originally submitted on August 2, 2015. This page has been viewed 764 times since then and 137 times this year. Photos: 1. submitted on August 2, 2015. 2. submitted on August 26, 2017. 3. submitted on August 2, 2015. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.