Big Spring in Howard County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Erected 1976 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 4100.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Notable Buildings. A significant historical year for this entry is 1901.
Location. 32° 15.134′ N, 101° 28.779′ W. Marker is in Big Spring, Texas, in Howard County. Marker is at the intersection of South Gregg Street (U.S. 87) and West 2nd Street, on the right when traveling south on South Gregg Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 200 South Gregg Street, Big Spring TX 79720, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distanceThe J. & W. Fisher Company (approx. 0.2 miles away); A Historical Big Spring Meat Market (approx. 0.2 miles away); Big Spring Hardware Company (approx. 0.2 miles away); Howard County (approx. 0.2 miles away); First National Bank in Big Spring (approx. 0.2 miles away); The Seventh Earl of Aylesford (approx. ¼ mile away); Settles Hotel (approx. ¼ mile away); St. Thomas Catholic Church (approx. half a mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Big Spring.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on August 2, 2015, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. This page has been viewed 304 times since then and 3 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on August 2, 2015, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.