Big Spring in Howard County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
First Christian Church
of Big Spring
Erected 1986 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 1707.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Churches & Religion. A significant historical year for this entry is 1882.
Location. 32° 14.883′ N, 101° 28.112′ W. Marker is in Big Spring, Texas, in Howard County. Marker is at the intersection of South Goliad Street and East 10th Street, on the left when traveling south on South Goliad Street. Touch for map. Marker Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Big Spring School District (approx. ¼ mile away); First National Bank in Big Spring (approx. half a mile away); Settles Hotel (approx. half a mile away); Howard County (approx. half a mile away); The Seventh Earl of Aylesford (approx. half a mile away); A Historical Big Spring Meat Market (approx. 0.6 miles away); Big Spring Hardware Company (approx. 0.7 miles away); The J. & W. Fisher Company (approx. 0.7 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Big Spring.
Credits. This page was last revised on August 27, 2020. It was originally submitted on August 2, 2015, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. This page has been viewed 253 times since then and 6 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on August 2, 2015, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.