Baton Rouge in East Baton Rouge Parish, Louisiana — The American South (West South Central)
St. James Episcopal Church
Erected by City of Baton Rouge.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Architecture • Churches & Religion • Women. A significant historical year for this entry is 1819.
Location. 30° 26.902′ N, 91° 11.212′ W. Marker is in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, in East Baton Rouge Parish. Marker is on Convention Street near North 4th Street, on the right when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 205 N 4th St, Baton Rouge LA 70801, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Original Site of the First Presbyterian Church (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Old Post Office (about 400 feet away); Third Street (about 500 feet away); Bill Conti (about 500 feet away); Alvin Batiste (about 600 feet away); Frank Hayden (about 600 feet away); North Boulevard at St. LouisMorgan House Site (about 600 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Baton Rouge.
Also see . . . St. James Episcopal Church. (Submitted on September 7, 2015.)
Credits. This page was last revised on August 3, 2020. It was originally submitted on September 7, 2015. This page has been viewed 269 times since then and 15 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on September 7, 2015. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.
Editor’s want-list for this marker. A wide view photo of the marker and the surrounding area in context. • Can you help?