Fredericksburg, Virginia — The American South (Mid-Atlantic)
In this vicinity the men of Parker's
Confederate Battery (the "Boy Company")
under Lt. J. Thompson Brown fought
two guns, twice gallantly assisting in
repulsing the Union VI Corps before
being outflanked and overwhelmed.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: War, US Civil. A significant historical date for this entry is May 3, 1863.
Location. 38° 17.511′ N, 77° 28.127′ W. Marker is in Fredericksburg, Virginia. Marker is at the intersection of Lafayette Boulevard (State Highway 1), on the right when traveling south on Lafayette Boulevard. Located on the Marye's Heights walking trail, which starts at the Fredericksburg battlefield visitor center. The Sunken Road is closed to vehicle traffic. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Fredericksburg VA 22401, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. The Second Battle of Fredericksburg (a few steps from this marker); Col. Joseph A. Moesch (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Andrew Atkinson Humphreys (about 400 feet away); Battles of Fredericksburg (about 400 feet away); The Fifth Corps, Army of the Potomac127th Regiment Pennsylvania Volunteer Infantry (about 600 feet away); The Sunken Road (about 700 feet away); Fredericksburg National Cemetery (about 700 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Fredericksburg.
Also see . . . Marye's Heights Virtual Tour. National Park Service page. (Submitted on July 5, 2008, by Craig Swain of Leesburg, Virginia.)
Credits. This page was last revised on February 16, 2021. It was originally submitted on July 5, 2008, by Craig Swain of Leesburg, Virginia. This page has been viewed 1,476 times since then and 13 times this year. Photos: 1. submitted on July 5, 2008, by Craig Swain of Leesburg, Virginia. 2. submitted on February 15, 2021, by Bradley Owen of Morgantown, West Virginia. 3. submitted on July 5, 2008, by Craig Swain of Leesburg, Virginia.