Downtown in Baton Rouge in East Baton Rouge Parish, Louisiana — The American South (West South Central)
Erected by City of Baton Rouge.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Settlements & Settlers. A significant historical year for this entry is 1805.
Location. 30° 27.277′ N, 91° 11.149′ W. Marker is in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, in East Baton Rouge Parish. It is in Downtown. Marker is at the intersection of North 5th Street and Spanish Town Road, on the right when traveling north on North 5th Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Baton Rouge LA 70802, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. LSU Former Campus (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Site of the Weiss House (about 400 feet away); Old Arsenal Museum (about 700 feet away); Site of the Shiloh Baptist Church (about 700 feet away); a different marker also named Spanish Town Zachary Taylor (approx. 0.2 miles away); Arsenal Museum (approx. 0.2 miles away); St. Vincent's Academy/Catholic High School (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Baton Rouge.
More about this marker. Boyd Ave, as described in marker, has since been renamed Spanish Town Road.
Credits. This page was last revised on February 12, 2023. It was originally submitted on September 13, 2015. This page has been viewed 406 times since then and 18 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on September 13, 2015. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.