Hopkinsville in Christian County, Kentucky — The American South (East South Central)
Reverse side map of: Locations of twenty-two courthouses in Kentucky burned during Civil War.
Erected 1963 by the Kentucky Historical Society Kentucky Department of Highways. (Marker Number 577.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Government & Politics • War, US Civil. In addition, it is included in the Kentucky Historical Society series list. A significant historical month for this entry is December 1864.
Location. 36° 52.017′ N, 87° 29.291′ W. Marker is in Hopkinsville, Kentucky, in Christian County. Marker is at the intersection of South Main Street and Court Street, on the right when traveling south on South Main Street. Touch for mapTouch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Lewis & Clark in Kentucky (here, next to this marker); County Named, 1797 (a few steps from this marker); Hotel Latham (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Ted Poston "Dean of Black Journalists" (about 500 feet away); Grace Episcopal Church (about 600 feet away); First Presbyterian (approx. 0.2 miles away); Mary Edmunds Bronaugh (approx. 0.2 miles away); Peace Park (approx. 0.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Hopkinsville.
Also see . . . Civil War Items found in 2014 from burned courthouse of 1864. (Submitted on September 23, 2015, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama.)
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on September 23, 2015, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama. This page has been viewed 308 times since then and 10 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on September 23, 2015, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama.