Mullin in Mills County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Site of the Settlement of Williams Ranch
(4 Miles South)
The settlement began to decline when the railroad bypassed it in 1885. An outbreak of mob violence was quelled by the Texas Rangers in 1887. By 1892 the post office and all businesses had closed. Today the site is marked by the natural springs that attracted the original
Erected 1976 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 5426.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Settlements & Settlers.
Location. 31° 33.451′ N, 98° 39.677′ W. Marker is in Mullin, Texas, in Mills County. Marker is at the intersection of U.S. 183 and 6th Street, on the right when traveling east on U.S. 183. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Mullin TX 76864, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 10 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Mullin United Methodist Church (approx. 0.2 miles away); Ratler, Texas and the Renfro Dam (approx. 7.9 miles away); First Methodist Church of Goldthwaite (approx. 9.1 miles away); Mills County State Bank (approx. 9.2 miles away); The Old Town Well (approx. 9.2 miles away); Confederate Veterans Memorial of Mills County (approx. 9.2 miles away); Mills County Courthouse (approx. 9.2 miles away); Mills County (approx. 9.2 miles away).
Also see . . .
1. Williams Ranch, Texas - Wikipedia entry. (Submitted on October 17, 2015.)
2. Williams Ranch, TX. From the Texas State Historical Association’s “Handbook of Texas Online”. (Submitted on October 17, 2015.)
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on October 17, 2015, by Duane Hall of Abilene, Texas. This page has been viewed 323 times since then and 27 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on October 17, 2015, by Duane Hall of Abilene, Texas.