Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”

Bloomsburg in Columbia County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
 

Columbia County

 
 
Columbia County Marker image. Click for full size.
By Don Morfe, October 11, 2015
1. Columbia County Marker
Inscription.  Formed March 22, 1813 out of Northumberland County. Named in honor of America. County seat, Bloomsburg, became this State's only incorporated town in 1870. A Friends meetinghouse was built at Catawissa about 1789. "Twin covered bridges" at Forks are a unique site.
 
Erected 1983 by Pennsylvania Historical & Museum Commission.
 
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Political Subdivisions. In addition, it is included in the Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission series list.
 
Location. 41° 0.183′ N, 76° 27.424′ W. Marker is in Bloomsburg, Pennsylvania, in Columbia County. Marker is on Main Street (US 11). The marker is located on the grounds of the Columbia County Courthouse. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Bloomsburg PA 17815, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Columbia County Courthouse (here, next to this marker); Pursel Store Building (within shouting distance of this marker); 225 Market Street (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); 235 Market Street
Columbia County Marker image. Click for full size.
By Don Morfe, October 11, 2015
2. Columbia County Marker
(about 400 feet away); 100-106 West Main Street (about 400 feet away); 111 West Main Street (about 500 feet away); 56-64 East Main Street (about 500 feet away); 128 West Main Street (about 600 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Bloomsburg.
 
Columbia County Courthouse image. Click for full size.
By Don Morfe, October 11, 2015
3. Columbia County Courthouse
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on October 22, 2015, by Don Morfe of Baltimore, Maryland. This page has been viewed 233 times since then and 6 times this year. Photos:   1, 2, 3. submitted on October 22, 2015, by Don Morfe of Baltimore, Maryland. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.
Paid Advertisement
Oct. 29, 2020