Hinesville in Liberty County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Fort Morris Cannon
This cannon, which was excavated at the site of the ruins of the famous Revolutionary fortification in 1940, stands here as a reminder of America`s hard-won struggle to achieve Independence.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 31° 50.864′ N, 81° 35.764′ W. Marker is in Hinesville, Georgia, in Liberty County. Marker is at the intersection of North Main Street and West Court Street, on the right when traveling north on North Main Street. Located at the Liberty County Courthouse. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Hinesville GA 31313, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Liberty County (within shouting distance of this marker); Liberty County Confederate Monument (within shouting distance of this marker); Bradwell Park (within shouting distance of this marker); Charlton Hines House (within shouting distance of this marker); Hinesville Methodist Church (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); The Bacon-Fraser House (about 700 feet away); Old Liberty County Jail (approx. 0.2 miles away); Bradwell Institute (approx. half a mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Hinesville.
Also see . . . Fort Morris State Park. (Submitted on July 9, 2008, by Craig Swain of Leesburg, Virginia.)
Categories. • Forts, Castles • War, US Revolutionary •
More. Search the internet for Fort Morris Cannon.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on July 8, 2008, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. This page has been viewed 1,639 times since then and 57 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on July 8, 2008, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.