Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Walker Township in Juniata County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
 

Mexico

1751-2001

 
 
Mexico Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Don Morfe, November 8, 2015
1. Mexico Marker
Inscription.  
Large Plaque Left side
New Mexico Mill, built by William Thomson, 1819, S. Vines Mason

Small Plaque
Slate Cornerstones donated to the Town of Mexico by Dr. and Mrs. John M. Hetrick, Jr., Malinda J. Hetrick, John M. Hetrick, III

Large Plaque Right side
Unreadable
 
Erected 2001.
 
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Industry & Commerce. A significant historical year for this entry is 1819.
 
Location. 40° 32.192′ N, 77° 21.147′ W. Marker is in Walker Township, Pennsylvania, in Juniata County. Marker is at the intersection of William Penn Highway and Front Street on William Penn Highway. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 6837 William Penn Hwy, Mifflintown PA 17059, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Walker Township Veterans Memorial Honor Roll (here, next to this marker); First White Settlement in the Juniata Valley (a few steps from this marker); Col. William Patterson (within shouting distance of this marker); Patterson's Fort (about 500 feet away, measured in a

Mexico Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Don Morfe, November 8, 2015
2. Mexico Marker
The marker is shown in the background in back of the flag pole.
Click or scan to see
this page online
direct line); Fort Bigham (approx. one mile away); Tuscarora Path (approx. 1.1 miles away); Juniata County (approx. 3.3 miles away); Juniata County War Memorial (approx. 3.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Walker Township.
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on January 3, 2021. It was originally submitted on November 19, 2015, by Don Morfe of Baltimore, Maryland. This page has been viewed 279 times since then and 41 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on November 19, 2015, by Don Morfe of Baltimore, Maryland. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=90757

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
Paid Advertisements
 
 

Dec. 6, 2022