Carrollton in Carroll County, Missouri — The American Midwest (Upper Plains)
Court House Bell
Carroll County Courthouse
when building was erected 1902-1903
Removed in 1953 -- Erected this location
as a historical landmark in 1970
by the County Court.
Erected 1970 by Carroll County Court.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Communications • Government & Politics. In addition, it is included in the Historic Bells series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1953.
Location. 39° 21.459′ N, 93° 29.826′ W. Marker is in Carrollton, Missouri, in Carroll County. Marker is at the intersection of Folger Street and Washington Street, on the right when traveling south on Folger Street. Marker and bell are on the Carroll County Sheriff's Office grounds. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 106 South Folger Street, Carrollton MO 64633, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 11 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. General James Shields (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Trail of Death (approx. 0.8 miles away); a different marker also named General James ShieldsVeterans Memorial (approx. 1.9 miles away); The Lewis and Clark Expedition Across Missouri (approx. 10 miles away); Port of Waverly (approx. 10 miles away); Lewis and Clark (approx. 10.1 miles away); Gen. Joseph O. Shelby Park (approx. 10.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Carrollton.
Also see . . . Carroll County, Missouri, Sheriff's Department. (Submitted on November 23, 2015, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
Credits. This page was last revised on December 16, 2020. It was originally submitted on November 23, 2015, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 302 times since then and 4 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on November 23, 2015, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.