Near Bondurant in Sublette County, Wyoming — The American West (Mountains)
On October 10 1812, six Astorians led by Robert Stuart camped here on their return trip to St. Louis to report the establishment of Fort Astoria on the Oregon coast.
On Sunday, August 23, 1835, Jim Bridger's brigade of trappers and Indians, accompanied by Reverend Samuel Parker, camped here after departing the Green River Rendezvous. This basin was then known as Jackson's Little Hole. Reverend Parker was
Erected by Sublette County Museum Board.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Exploration. A significant historical date for this entry is September 26, 1811.
Location. 43° 14.725′ N, 110° 28.595′ W. Marker is near Bondurant, Wyoming, in Sublette County. Marker is on U.S. 189 near Forest Road 30530, on the right when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 14737 US Highway 189, Bondurant WY 82922, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 3 other markers are within 9 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Reverend Samuel Parker (approx. 0.2 miles away); Church of St. Hubert the Hunter and Library (approx. 4.7 miles away); Granite Hot Springs Swimming Pool (approx. 8.7 miles away).
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on November 25, 2015, by Barry Swackhamer of Brentwood, California. This page has been viewed 379 times since then and 53 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on November 25, 2015, by Barry Swackhamer of Brentwood, California.