Mason in Mason County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Two Sheriffs of Mason County
Erected 1980 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 11296.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Settlements & Settlers. A significant historical year for this entry is 1855.
Location. 30° 45.236′ N, 99° 14.432′ W. Marker is in Mason, Texas, in Mason County. Marker is on Fort McKavitt Street (U.S. 87) 0.2 miles south of Koocksville Rd / W. Spring St, on the left when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Mason TX 76856, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. St. Joseph's Catholic Church (approx. ¼ mile away); The Whorlie Well (approx. 0.4 miles away); First Comanche-German Meeting (approx. 0.4 miles away); The Lindsay House (approx. 0.4 miles away); Holmes & Bierschwale Law and Land Office (approx. half a mile away); Spring Street Church (approx. half a mile away); Seaquist Home (approx. half a mile away); Broad Street Bridge (approx. 0.6 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Mason.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on November 25, 2015, by Duane Hall of Abilene, Texas. This page has been viewed 1,160 times since then and 437 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on November 25, 2015, by Duane Hall of Abilene, Texas.