Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Dover in Morris County, New Jersey — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
 

St. Johnís Church

1871

 
 
St. Johnís Church Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Don Morfe, November 27, 2015
1. St. Johnís Church Marker
Inscription.  Oldest standing church in Dover. Built by architect Richard Upjohn. Congregation organized 1849. Originally met in nearby Stone Academy. Church served as hospital during 1918 influenza epidemic.
 
Erected by Morris County Heritage Commission.
 
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Churches & Religion. A significant historical year for this entry is 1849.
 
Location. 40° 53.052′ N, 74° 33.365′ W. Marker is in Dover, New Jersey, in Morris County. Marker is at the intersection of East Blackwell Street (NJ 513) and Essex Street on East Blackwell Street (NJ 513). Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Dover NJ 07801, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Old Stone Academy (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Hurd Park (approx. 0.8 miles away); Victory Gardens Borough (approx. one mile away); Saint Maryís Church (approx. 1.2 miles away); Quaker Meeting House (approx. 1.4 miles away); Mott Hollow (approx. 1.7 miles away);
Paid Advertisement
Click on the ad for more information.
Please report objectionable advertising to the Editor.
Click or scan to see
this page online
Port Oram Community (approx. 1.8 miles away); Morris Canal (approx. 1.8 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Dover.
 
St. Johnís Church Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Don Morfe, November 27, 2015
2. St. Johnís Church Marker
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on December 2, 2015, by Don Morfe of Baltimore, Maryland. This page has been viewed 392 times since then and 15 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on December 2, 2015, by Don Morfe of Baltimore, Maryland. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=91187

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
This website earns income from purchases you make after using our links to Amazon.com. We appreciate your support.
Paid Advertisement
Apr. 18, 2024