Built at Second and St. John Streets in 1790 by Town Proprietor Mathias Ellenckhuysen, his wife, Clara and Rev. John B. C. Helbron, O.F.M. Cap., Pastor of Holy Trinity Church, Philadelphia and attended by Major Anthony Selin, founder of Selinsgrove and his wife Agnes Snyder.
Erected 1990 by Catholics of Lewisburg.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Churches & Religion. A significant historical year for this entry is 1790.
Location. 40° 57.966′ N, 76° 53.087′ W. Marker is in Lewisburg, Pennsylvania, in Union County. Marker is on 2nd Street south of St. John Street, on the right when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 48 North 2nd Street, Lewisburg PA 17837, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Soldiers' Memorial Park (approx. 0.2 miles away); Lewisburg World War Veterans Memorial (approx. 0.2 miles away); Lewisburg Cross-Cut Canal (approx. 0.2 miles away); In Honor of Ludwig Derr (approx. 0.2 miles away); Union County (approx. 0.2 miles away); General Tasker H. Bliss
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on December 3, 2015, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 184 times since then and 2 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on December 3, 2015, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.