Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Canyon in Randall County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
 

Randall County Courthouse

 
 
Randall County Courthouse Marker image. Click for full size.
By Bill Kirchner, November 18, 2015
1. Randall County Courthouse Marker
Inscription.  Second for county created 1876, organized 1889. First, a frame house, was site first school in county. On its tin roof cowboys held dances. This building was erected in 1909, on eve of opening of West Texas State University.

Recorded Texas Historical Landmark – 1965
 
Erected 1965 by State Historical Survey Committee. (Marker Number 4189.)
 
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Notable Buildings. A significant historical year for this entry is 1876.
 
Location. 34° 58.768′ N, 101° 55.681′ W. Marker is in Canyon, Texas, in Randall County. Marker is on 16th Street, on the right when traveling south. Marker is on the northeast corner of the courthouse. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 400 16th Street, Canyon TX 79015, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Randall County (within shouting distance of this marker); Randall County World War I Memorial (within shouting distance of this marker); First National Bank Building (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); The Smith Building
Randall County Courthouse Marker image. Click for full size.
By Bill Kirchner, November 18, 2015
2. Randall County Courthouse Marker
Click or scan to see
this page online
(about 300 feet away); Clyde & Grace Warwick (about 300 feet away); "The Canyon News" (about 300 feet away); City of Canyon (about 500 feet away); The Little House of Fellowship (about 600 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Canyon.
 
Randall County Courthouse Corner Stone image. Click for full size.
By Bill Kirchner, November 18, 2015
3. Randall County Courthouse Corner Stone
Laid under auspcies Canyon Lodge No. 730 A.F. & A.M. Sept. 19, 1908, Gillcoat & Skinner Co. Builders
Randall County Courthouse image. Click for full size.
By Bill Kirchner, November 18, 2015
4. Randall County Courthouse
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on December 9, 2015, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. This page has been viewed 281 times since then and 3 times this year. Photos:   1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on December 9, 2015, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona.

Share This Page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=91392

Paid Advertisement
Apr. 19, 2021