Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Warren in Macomb County, Michigan — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
 

The Joiner House 1895

Warren's First Library 1935

 
 
The Joiner House 1895 Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Joel S., December 4, 2015
1. The Joiner House 1895 Marker
Inscription.  This house was built in 1895 by Robert and Eliza Joiner. Owners to date have included the Seibert, Brinkert, Bull, Zorn, McCallum, DeGrandchamp and Trzaskoma families. In 1935 Warren's first library was located in the parlor of this house. Through the efforts of a Home Economic group the Warren Community Library was formed. The library committee consisted of Miss Elkin, Mrs. Parrott and Mrs. Zorn. Memberships were solicited from throughout the community for twenty-five cents each. Mrs. Zorn donated the use of her front parlor for one year and in January 1935 the library became a reality with 716 donated books.
 
Erected 1997 by Warren Village Historic District Commission.
 
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Arts, Letters, MusicSettlements & Settlers. A significant historical month for this entry is January 1935.
 
Location. 42° 31.594′ N, 83° 2.978′ W. Marker is in Warren, Michigan, in Macomb County. Marker is at the intersection of Seventh Street and Filmore Avenue, on the left when traveling north on Seventh Street. Touch for map.
Paid Advertisement
Click on the ad for more information.
Please report objectionable advertising to the Editor.
Click or scan to see
this page online
Marker is at or near this postal address: 31715 Seventh Street, Warren MI 48092, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. First Baptist Church of Warren (within shouting distance of this marker); The Wilson-Bosh Home (within shouting distance of this marker); The Reddick House (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); 5520 Chicago Road (about 500 feet away); The Hoard House (about 700 feet away); St. Paul United Church of Christ (about 700 feet away); Village of Warren (about 800 feet away); Red Run Creek (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Warren.
 
The Joiner House image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Joel S., December 4, 2015
2. The Joiner House
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on December 10, 2015, by Joel Seewald of Madison Heights, Michigan. This page has been viewed 434 times since then and 30 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on December 10, 2015, by Joel Seewald of Madison Heights, Michigan.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=91414

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
This website earns income from purchases you make after using our links to Amazon.com. We appreciate your support.
Paid Advertisement
Jun. 21, 2024