Tyler in Smith County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Erected 1988 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 7767.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Architecture. A significant historical year for this entry is 1880.
Location. 32° 20.593′ N, 95° 18.556′ W. Marker is in Tyler, Texas, in Smith County. Marker can be reached from the intersection of West Houston Street and South Vine Avenue, on the right when traveling east. Although the street address is W Houston St, the driveway entrance is on S Vine Ave. The historical marker is on the rear porch Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 806 W Houston St, Tyler TX 75701, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Chilton-Lipstate-Taylor House (approx. 0.3 miles away); Ramey House (approx. half a mile away); The Connally Home (approx. half a mile away); Site of Confederate Arms Factory (approx. half a mile away); Woman's Building (approx. 0.6 miles away); Christ Episcopal Church (approx. 0.6 miles away); Tyler Carnegie Library (approx. 0.6 miles away); Marvin Methodist Church (approx. 0.6 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Tyler.
Also see . . . McClendon House. (Submitted on December 14, 2015.)
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on December 12, 2015, by Randal B. Gilbert of Tyler, Texas. This page has been viewed 358 times since then and 58 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on December 12, 2015, by Randal B. Gilbert of Tyler, Texas. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.