Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Llano in Llano County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
 

Saint James Lutheran Church

 
 
Saint James Lutheran Church Texas Historical Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By QuesterMark, July 6, 2014
1. Saint James Lutheran Church Texas Historical Marker
Inscription.  Founded in 1897, St. Jakobi Evangelish Lutherisch Kirche was organized to serve German Lutherans in the growing community of Llano. Pastor Hugo Krienke, also serving churches in Mason and Leiningen, held German-language services first in Llano's northside school, then in a small frame house on the south side of the river, and later in the First Presbyterian Church until land was purchased in 1908. By 1910, the Lutherans had a small building, and after 1920 services were conducted entirely in English. The members of St. James Church dedicated a new building in 1958.
 
Erected 1997 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 12035.)
 
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Churches & Religion. A significant historical year for this entry is 1897.
 
Location. 30° 44.655′ N, 98° 40.564′ W. Marker is in Llano, Texas, in Llano County. Marker is at the intersection of Ford Street (State Highway 16/71) and West College Street, on the left when traveling north on Ford Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1401 Ford St, Llano TX 78643, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within
Paid Advertisement
Click on the ad for more information.
Please report objectionable advertising to the Editor.
Click or scan to see
this page online
walking distance of this marker. O'Henry School Building (about 700 feet away, measured in a direct line); Grace Episcopal Church (approx. 0.2 miles away); First Christian Church of Llano (approx. 0.2 miles away); Llano City Cemetery (approx. ¼ mile away); Llano Flagpole Memorial (approx. ¼ mile away); Dillard Cooper (approx. ¼ mile away); Richmond Alexander McInnis (approx. 0.3 miles away); Watkins House (approx. 0.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Llano.
 
Saint James Lutheran Church and Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By QuesterMark, July 6, 2014
2. Saint James Lutheran Church and Marker
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on December 16, 2015, by QuesterMark of Fort Worth, Texas. This page has been viewed 354 times since then and 11 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on December 16, 2015, by QuesterMark of Fort Worth, Texas. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=91615

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
This website earns income from purchases you make after using our links to Amazon.com. We appreciate your support.
Paid Advertisement
May. 24, 2024