Whippany in Morris County, New Jersey — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Erected 1976 by Morris County Heritage Commission.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Industry & Commerce. A significant historical year for this entry is 1794.
Location. 40° 49.268′ N, 74° 25.01′ W. Marker is in Whippany, New Jersey, in Morris County. Marker is on Parsippany Road. The marker is in front of the David Taylor Design Co. and CCG Marketing Services. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 20 Parsippany Road, Whippany NJ 07981, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Our Lady of Mercy Chapel (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); Village of Whippany (about 700 feet away); The Old Iron Works (approx. ¼ mile away); Earle Richard Henriquez-Gil, Sr. (approx. ¼ mile away); 56-Delaware, Lackawanna & Western R.R. (approx. ¼ mile away); Pennsylvania Railroad “Watch Box” (approx. ¼ mile away); Pennsylvania Railroad Standard Telephone BoothI Am Steam Locomotive No. 385 (approx. 0.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Whippany.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on December 17, 2015, by Don Morfe of Baltimore, Maryland. This page has been viewed 265 times since then and 5 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on December 17, 2015, by Don Morfe of Baltimore, Maryland. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.