Antioch in Contra Costa County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
Riverview Union High School
Charles Appleton Hooper donated unincorporated land for the school. The election of April 1, 1910, approved the site and elected all new Antioch trustees. Construction began in September 1910 and the school was opened November 4, 1911. Antioch and Pittsburg dissolved the Union District in 1925. The last Antioch class graduated in 1931.
The Antioch Historical Society registered this site with the National Register of Historical Places on October 14, 1998.
Plaque dedicated by Joaquin Murrieta Chapter 13 E Clampus Vitus on November 4, 2000.
Erected 2000 by E Clampus Vitus Joaquin Murrieta Chapter 13.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Education. In addition, it is included in the E Clampus Vitus series list. A significant historical date for this entry is November 4, 1911.
Location. 38° 0.963′ N, Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1500 West Fourth Street, Antioch CA 94509, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Antioch High School Cupola (within shouting distance of this marker); The McCoy Cook House (within shouting distance of this marker); Old Antioch's Railroads (within shouting distance of this marker); Antioch Fibreboard Company (approx. 0.4 miles away); City of Antioch War Dog Memorial (approx. 0.4 miles away); The Cannery Lady (approx. 0.6 miles away); The Woman's Club of Antioch (approx. 0.7 miles away); F & AM - Antioch-Brentwood Lodge #175 Building (approx. 0.7 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Antioch.
More about this marker. The marker is mounted to a low stone monument in a planted area in front of the building.
Credits. This page was last revised on September 14, 2020. It was originally submitted on December 27, 2015, by Andrew Ruppenstein of Sacramento, California. This page has been viewed 456 times since then and 26 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on December 27, 2015, by Andrew Ruppenstein of Sacramento, California.