Orinda in Contra Costa County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
Tres Ranchos Del Sur
Boundary Marker and Monument
— Historic Landmark - The City of Orinda —
October 7, 2003
(The superscripts below refer to the numbers on the marker inset map. identifying the individual ranchos.)
1 Rancho El Sobrante, 20,565 acres granted Victor and Juan Jose Castro by Governor Juan Bautista Alvarado, April 23, 1841.
2 Rancho Acalanes, 3,329 acres granted to Candelario Valencia by Governor Jose Figueroa, August 5, 1834. Sold in 1847 to Elam Brown, founder of Lafayette.
3 Rancho Laguna de Los Palos Colorados, 13,300 acres granted to Joaquin Moraga and Juan Bernal by the Monterey Assembly. "Decree of Concession" signed July 31, 1841.
Location. 37° 52.787′ N, 122° 9.884′ W. Marker is in Orinda, California, in Contra Costa County. Marker is on Hillcrest Drive north of Overhill Road. Touch for map. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. The deLaveaga Station (approx. 0.9 miles away); The Pony Express (approx. one mile away); Bryant Station Site (approx. one mile away); a different marker also named Pony Express (approx. one mile away); The Crossroads (approx. one mile away); Lamorinda Vietnam Memorial (approx. 1.8 miles away); Lafayette Grammar School (approx. 2.6 miles away); Deodar Cedars (approx. 2.6 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Orinda.
Categories. • Settlements & Settlers •
More. Search the internet for Tres Ranchos Del Sur.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on December 27, 2015, by Andrew Ruppenstein of Sacramento, California. This page has been viewed 303 times since then and 3 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on December 27, 2015, by Andrew Ruppenstein of Sacramento, California.