Colonia Villa Gustavo A. Madero in Ciudad de México, Mexico — The Valley of Mexico (The Central Highlands)
Francisco Primo de Verdad y Ramos
Lic D. Francisco Primo de Verdad y Ramos,
síndico del Ayuntamiento de México de 1808 en cuyo seno germinaron los primeros planes de emancipación política de la Nueva España. Murió misteriosamente el 4 de octubre del mismo año por haber invocado ante la junta de notables reunida el 9 de agosto anterior el principio de la soberanía popular; siendo inhumado su cadáver en esta basílica.
El Ayuntamiento Constitucional de Guadalupe Hidalgo, le consagra este recuerdo como un homenaje a su heroico valor cívico, hoy 4 de octubre del año de 1921, centésimo de la consumación de la independencia de Mexico.
Francisco Primo de Verdad y Ramos,
Councilman in the City Government of Mexico City in 1808, where he forged the first plans of political freedom for New Spain. He died mysteriously on October 4 that same year after having discussed the principle of popular sovereignty before a group of notables
The Constitutional Government of the Municipality of Guadalupe Hidalgo dedicates this to the memory of his heroic civic bravery, today October 4, 1921 on the 100th anniversary of the independence of Mexico.
Erected 1921 by Ayuntamiento Constitucional de Guadalupe Hidalgo.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Colonial Era • Government & Politics • Patriots & Patriotism. A significant historical date for this entry is August 9, 1808.
Location. 19° 29.098′ N, 99° 7.005′ W. Marker is in Ciudad de México. It is in Colonia Villa Gustavo A. Madero. Marker can be reached from Calzada de Guadalupe close to Zumarraga. The marker is to the far east of the Old Basilica at the Shrine of Our Lady of Guadalupe. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Ciudad de México 07050, Mexico. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 kilometers of this marker, measured as the crow flies. The Banner of Atotonilco and the Parish of the Natives (about 90 meters away, measured in a direct line); The Parish of the Natives (about 120 meters away); Tepeyac Chapel (about 150 meters away); The Virgin of Guadalupe and Juan Diego (about 150 meters away); José María Morelos y Pavón Stopped to Pray Here (about 180 meters away); Chapel of the WellThe Pilgrim's Route (approx. 2.8 kilometers away); The Pulque Customs House (approx. 4 kilometers away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Ciudad de México.
Credits. This page was last revised on April 17, 2020. It was originally submitted on January 22, 2016, by J. Makali Bruton of Accra, Ghana. This page has been viewed 405 times since then and 17 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on January 22, 2016, by J. Makali Bruton of Accra, Ghana.