Jacksonville in Duval County, Florida — The American South (South Atlantic)
Duval County's First Court
Erected 1967 by Jacksonville Historical Society, Florida Historical Society, Florida Board of Parks and Historic Memorials. (Marker Number F-150.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Government & Politics. A significant historical date for this entry is December 1, 1823.
Location. 30° 19.502′ N, 81° 39.182′ W. Marker is in Jacksonville, Florida, in Duval County. Marker is at the intersection of East Bay Street and South Liberty Street, on the right when traveling east on East Bay Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 330 E Bay St, Jacksonville FL 32202, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Site of Cow Ford (a few steps from this marker); Duval County (within shouting distance of this marker); The Plaza Building (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Duval County Vietnam Memorial and Veterans Eternal Flame (about 400 feet away); The Beginning (about 500 feet away); Old Jacksonville Free Public Library (approx. ¼ mile away); "The Great Endurance Run" (approx. ¼ mile away); Seminole War Blockhouse Site (approx. 0.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Jacksonville.
More about this marker. Because of the abandoned nature of the courthouse that this marker is in front of, it is highly possible that this marker as well as the marker next to this one and one at the Annex will be moved at some point.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on March 11, 2016, by Tim Fillmon of Webster, Florida. This page has been viewed 287 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on March 11, 2016, by Tim Fillmon of Webster, Florida. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.