Dalhart in Dallam County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
St. James Church
Consecrated on January 8, 1911, in first episcopal act of the Rt. Rev. E. A. Temple, Bishop of the North Texas Missionary District.
Recorded Texas Historic Landmark
Erected 1966 by State Historical Survey Committee. (Marker Number 5035.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Churches & Religion. A significant historical date for this entry is January 8, 1911.
Location. 36° 3.492′ N, 102° 31.305′ W. Marker is in Dalhart, Texas, in Dallam County. Marker is at the intersection of Denver Avenue and East 8th Street, on the right when traveling north on Denver Avenue. Marker is on the southeast corner. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Dalhart TX 79022, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Dalhart Army Air Field (approx. 0.2 miles away); James R. Fox, Jr. (approx. ¼ mile away); Dalhart High School Boys World War II Memorial (approx. ¼ mile away); Dallam County Courthouse Texas Sesquicentennial (approx. ¼ mile away); 305th Airdrome Squadron Memorial (approx. ¼ mile away); Dallam County (approx. ¼ mile away); Mrs. Cordia Sloan Duke (approx. 0.6 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Dalhart.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on March 22, 2016, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. This page has been viewed 344 times since then and 19 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on March 22, 2016, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona.