Near Hartley in Hartley County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
August 21, 1876
February 5, 1891
Named in honor of two brothers
Rufus K. Hartley
Distinguished members of the
Hartley, the county seat
Erected 1936 by State of Texas. (Marker Number 2399.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Settlements & Settlers. In addition, it is included in the Texas 1936 Centennial Markers and Monuments series list. A significant historical date for this entry is February 5, 1891.
Location. 35° 54.313′ N, 102° 24.441′ W. Marker is near Hartley, Texas, in Hartley County. Marker can be reached from the intersection of U.S. 87 and County Route K, on the right when traveling north. Marker is in rest area on east side of highway. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Hartley TX 79044, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 13 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. St. James Church (approx. 12.4 miles away); Dalhart Army Air Field (approx. 12½ miles James R. Fox, Jr. (approx. 12.6 miles away); Dalhart High School Boys World War II Memorial (approx. 12.6 miles away); Dallam County Courthouse (approx. 12.6 miles away); Texas Sesquicentennial (approx. 12.6 miles away); Dallam County (approx. 12.6 miles away); 305th Airdrome Squadron Memorial (approx. 12.6 miles away).
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on March 23, 2016, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. This page has been viewed 408 times since then and 21 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on March 23, 2016, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona.