Fort Smith in Sebastian County, Arkansas — The American South (West South Central)
The Phoenix Block
Erected 2012 by City of Fort Smith and Others.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Architecture • Industry & Commerce • Settlements & Settlers. A significant historical year for this entry is 1836.
Location. 35° 23.244′ N, 94° 25.545′ W. Marker is in Fort SmithTouch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 512 Garrison Avenue, Fort Smith AR 72901, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. First National Bank (within shouting distance of this marker); W.J. Murphy - Eads Brothers Building in 1903 (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); Our Confederate Dead (about 500 feet away); Purple Heart Memorial (about 500 feet away); The Fishback Block in 1872 (about 500 feet away); Sebastian County California Gold Seekers (about 500 feet away); 1908 Reunion of U.S. Marshals (about 500 feet away); 50 Year Concrete Street Service Award • 1963 (about 500 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Fort Smith.
Also see . . . Historical plaques placed in downtown Fort Smith. (Submitted on March 24, 2016, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
Credits. This page was last revised on August 16, 2020. It was originally submitted on March 24, 2016, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 305 times since then and 8 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on March 24, 2016, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.