Daisy Airgun Museum
202 W. Walnut
Charles Juhre built this building in 1894 for the Rogers Grocery Company. In 1900, the building was occupied by the J.W. Ford Grocery and Feed Store. In 1918, McGill's Drug Store was here and then, in 1925, it became The Corner Drug Store, which was owned by Fred Applegate, followed by Harold Applegate, and finally Kenneth Petway. When the drug store closed in the late 1990s, the building had been a drug store for over 82 years.
Upstairs was the home of famous doctors including Dr. M.H. Oakley, and Dr. Neal Estes in 1930, and Dr. James L. Pickens in the 1950s. The Massingill Photography Studio was here in the 1940s and 1950s.
The building was purchased by Ray and Debbie Hobbs in 1997.
A new chapter in the life of this historic building began on November 14, 2004, when the Daisy Airgun Museum had its grand opening. The museum is a non-profit corporation that features a chronological presentation of Daisy history, and the world's largest airgun collection with guns dating to the 1600s. The gift shop offers many Daisy products, memorabilia, and limited edition collectibles.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic
Location. 36° 19.98′ N, 94° 7.054′ W. Marker is in Rogers, Arkansas, in Benton County. Marker is at the intersection of 2nd Street (State Highway 12) and Walnut Street (State Highway 12), on the right when traveling south on 2nd Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 202 West Walnut Street, Rogers AR 72756, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Arvest Bank (within shouting distance of this marker); Victory Theater (within shouting distance of this marker); Harris Baking Company (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); First United Methodist Church (about 500 feet away); Historic Rogers Post Office Building (about 800 feet away); F-101B Voodoo (approx. 2.7 miles away); All Vietnam Veterans Memorial (approx. 2.7 miles away); Cross Hollows (approx. 3.6 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Rogers.
Regarding Daisy Airgun Museum. The building contributes to the Rogers Commercial (formerly Walnut Street) National Register Historic District.
Also see . . .
1. Daisy Airgun Museum, Rogers AR. Museum website homepage (Submitted on March 26, 2016, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
2. Rogers Commercial Historic District. Wuikipedia entry (Submitted on July 20, 2022, by Larry Gertner of New York, New York.)
Credits. This page was last revised on July 20, 2022. It was originally submitted on March 26, 2016, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 308 times since then and 23 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on March 26, 2016, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.