Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Jackson in East Feliciana Parish, Louisiana — The American South (West South Central)
 

Original Feliciana Courthouse

Built in 1816

 
 
Original Feliciana Courthouse Marker image. Click for full size.
January 1, 2011
1. Original Feliciana Courthouse Marker
Inscription.  And used for that purpose until the division of the Parish into East and West Feliciana in 1824.

This building has been owned by the Jackson Assembly since 1969.
 
Erected 2009 by Feliciana Chapter NSCDXVIIC.
 
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Notable Buildings. In addition, it is included in the The Colonial Dames XVII Century, National Society series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1816.
 
Location. 30° 50.276′ N, 91° 12.85′ W. Marker is in Jackson, Louisiana, in East Feliciana Parish. Marker is at the intersection of High Street and College Street (Louisiana Highway 952), on the left when traveling west on High Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1730 High St, Jackson LA 70748, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Feliciana Courthouse (a few steps from this marker); Battle of Jackson (a few steps from this marker); a different marker also named Battle of Jackson (within shouting distance of this marker); Methodist Church (about 500 feet away, measured in
Original Feliciana Courthouse Marker image. Click for full size.
January 1, 2011
2. Original Feliciana Courthouse Marker
Click or scan to see
this page online
a direct line); First European Settlers (about 700 feet away); Jackson (about 700 feet away); Republic of West Florida (about 700 feet away); Crown Metal Products Narrow Gauge Locomotive #2 (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Jackson.
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on March 27, 2016. This page has been viewed 336 times since then and 26 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on March 27, 2016. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=93350

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
Paid Advertisements
 
 

Oct. 2, 2022