Woodville in Wilkinson County, Mississippi — The American South (East South Central)
Erected 1949 by Mississippi Historical Commission.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Railroads & Streetcars • Settlements & Settlers. In addition, it is included in the Mississippi State Historical Marker Program series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1811.
Location. 31° 6.252′ N, 91° 17.948′ W. Marker is in Woodville, Mississippi, in Wilkinson County. Marker is at the intersection of Main Street (State Highway 24) and Ford's Creek Road, on the right when traveling west on Main Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 510 Main Street, Woodville MS 39669, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Old Bank of Woodville (here, next to this marker); Woodville Presbyterian Church (a few steps from this marker); Wilkinson County War Memorial (within shouting distance of this marker); Wilkinson County Courthouse Polk's Meat Market (within shouting distance of this marker); Sam Rosso Building (within shouting distance of this marker); Beaumont House Site (within shouting distance of this marker); Gustav Wettlin Building (within shouting distance of this marker). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Woodville.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on April 1, 2016. This page has been viewed 308 times since then and 23 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on April 1, 2016. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.