Antioch in Contra Costa County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
Antioch High School Cupola
In 1965, the old main brick building was demolished due to earthquake damage. The cupola was then relocated to the corner of the newly constructed multi-purpose building fronting D Street where it remained until its transfer to the Antioch Historical Society Museum in 2006. Years earlier the weathervane (which can be viewed in our upstairs Schools Room) was gifted to the museum. After many years, the cupola and its weathervane have been united at this site to be displayed and preserved for years to come.
Erected by Antioch Historical Society.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Education.
Location. 38° Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1500 West 4th Street, Antioch CA 94509, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. The McCoy Cook House (a few steps from this marker); Riverview Union High School (within shouting distance of this marker); Old Antioch's Railroads (within shouting distance of this marker); Antioch Fibreboard Company (approx. 0.3 miles away); City of Antioch War Dog Memorial (approx. 0.4 miles away); The Cannery Lady (approx. half a mile away); The Woman's Club of Antioch (approx. 0.7 miles away); F & AM - Antioch-Brentwood Lodge #175 Building (approx. 0.7 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Antioch.
More about this marker. The cupola is to the east of the Antioch Historical Society Museum.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on April 4, 2016, by Barry Swackhamer of Brentwood, California. This page has been viewed 382 times since then and 36 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on April 4, 2016, by Barry Swackhamer of Brentwood, California.