McComb in Hancock County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
St. Johnís Evangelical Lutheran Church
This frame church, architecturally typical of the rural churches built throughout Ohio in the latter nineteenth century, was constructed in 1885 during the pastorate of E.L.T. Engers. The first pastors were from the German Reformed tradition and served a German-speaking congregation. The church contains native oak hand-hewn beams, rafters, and floor joists. The stained-glass windows were added in 1902
Erected 1985 by Historic Preservation Guild of Hancock County St. John's Evangelical Lutheran Church The Ohio Historical Society. (Marker Number 12-32.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Churches & Religion. In addition, it is included in the Ohio Historical Society / The Ohio History Connection series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1885.
Location. 41° 6.383′ N, 83° 47.588′ W. Marker is in McComb, Ohio, in Hancock County. Marker is on West South Street, on the left when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 203 W South St, Mc Comb OH 45858, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance McComb First Presbyterian Church (about 700 feet away, measured in a direct line); McComb Veterans Memorial (approx. 0.4 miles away); McComb (approx. half a mile away); McComb Civil War Memorial (approx. half a mile away); World War I and II Veterans Memorial (approx. half a mile away); William Bensinger and John R. Porter (approx. half a mile away); The Village of McComb (approx. half a mile away); a different marker also named McComb (approx. half a mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in McComb.
Credits. This page was last revised on May 23, 2022. It was originally submitted on April 6, 2016, by Rev. Ronald Irick of West Liberty, Ohio. This page has been viewed 305 times since then and 23 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on April 6, 2016, by Rev. Ronald Irick of West Liberty, Ohio. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.