Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Alamo in Contra Costa County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
 

Stone Valley

 
 
Stone Valley Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Barry Swackhamer, April 7, 2016
1. Stone Valley Marker
Inscription.  Squire Silas Stone emigrated with his family from Iowa in 1853 and settled half mile east of this marker. The pioneer's home stood nearby until 1957. His son Albert eventually expanded the ranch to 800 acres and gave the family name to the present day Stone Valley.
 
Erected 1978 by E Clampus Vitus, Joaquin Murrieta Chapter No. 13.
 
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Settlements & Settlers. In addition, it is included in the E Clampus Vitus series list.
 
Location. 37° 51.037′ N, 122° 1.91′ W. Marker is in Alamo, California, in Contra Costa County. Marker is on Stone Valley Road near Danville Boulevard, on the right when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 142 Stone Valley Road, Alamo CA 94507, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Alamo Grammar School (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Site of the J.M. Jones House (about 500 feet away); The Railroad Put Alamo on the Map (approx. Ύ mile away); The Tatcan People
Stone Valley Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Barry Swackhamer, April 7, 2016
2. Stone Valley Marker
Click or scan to see
this page online
(approx. one mile away); Hap Magee Ranch (approx. 1.1 miles away); Original Alamo School Bell (approx. 1.2 miles away); Alamo Cemetery (approx. 1.4 miles away); Captain Pedro Fages Trail (approx. 1.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Alamo.
 
Also see . . .  Alamo, California - Wikipedia. The Hemme, Bollinger, Jones and Stone ranches began by grazing cattle and raising wheat and other grains. In 1891 the Hemme train station was placed near today's Hemme Avenue; later it was renamed the Alamo station. (Submitted on April 7, 2016, by Barry Swackhamer of Brentwood, California.) 
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on April 7, 2016, by Barry Swackhamer of Brentwood, California. This page has been viewed 348 times since then and 46 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on April 7, 2016, by Barry Swackhamer of Brentwood, California.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=93667

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
Paid Advertisements
 
 

Sep. 27, 2022