Woodville in Wilkinson County, Mississippi — The American South (East South Central)
West Feliciana Railroad
The West Feliciana Railroad was purchased by the Illinois Central Railroad in 1892 and abandoned in 1978.
Erected 2011 by Mississippi Department of Archives and History.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Railroads & Streetcars. In addition, it is included in the Mississippi State Historical Marker Program series list.
Location. 31° 5.485′ N, 91° 17.614′ W. Marker is in Woodville, Mississippi, in Wilkinson County. Marker is on U.S. 61 south of Jackson Louisiana Road, on the right when traveling north. Located on the grounds of the US-61 Mississippi Welcome Center. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 853 US-61, Woodville MS 39669, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within The Little House (approx. 0.6 miles away); Beth Israel Cemetery (approx. 0.6 miles away); Van Eaton House (approx. 0.6 miles away); Carnot Posey Home (approx. 0.7 miles away); The Woodville Republican (approx. 0.7 miles away); St. Paul's Church (approx. 0.8 miles away); 503 Commercial Row (approx. 0.8 miles away); 513 Commercial Row (approx. 0.8 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Woodville.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on April 9, 2016. This page has been viewed 173 times since then and 8 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on April 9, 2016. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.