Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Marlboro in Monmouth County, New Jersey — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
 

Old St. Gabriel’s Church

Built 1878

 
 
Old St. Gabriel’s Church Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Don Morfe, April 5, 2016
1. Old St. Gabriel’s Church Marker
Inscription.  The Congregation of St. Gabriel was organized in 1871, and this church was erected in 1878. Although a new Church and Rectory were constructed in Rt. 79 in 1972 and Parish Center in the 1980’s, this building has remained in continuous use.
 
Erected by Marlboro Township Historic Commission.
 
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Churches & Religion. A significant historical year for this entry is 1871.
 
Location. 40° 20.257′ N, 74° 13.772′ W. Marker is in Marlboro, New Jersey, in Monmouth County. Marker is on Newman Springs Road. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Marlboro NJ 07746, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. The Old Brick Reformed Church (approx. 0.6 miles away); Montrose School House (c. 1812) (approx. 2.6 miles away); Capt. Joshua Huddy (approx. 2.8 miles away); Colts Neck War Memorial (approx. 2.8 miles away); Pvt. Michael Field (approx. 2.8 miles away); Poet’s Grave (approx. 3.7 miles away); Philip Morin Freneau (approx. 3.7 miles away); Karl Jansky Radio Astronomy Monument (approx. 4 miles away).
 
Old St. Gabriel’s Church image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Don Morfe, April 5, 2016
2. Old St. Gabriel’s Church
Click or scan to see
this page online
Old St. Gabriel’s Church image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Don Morfe, April 5, 2016
3. Old St. Gabriel’s Church
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on April 10, 2016, by Don Morfe of Baltimore, Maryland. This page has been viewed 236 times since then and 31 times this year. Photos:   1, 2, 3. submitted on April 10, 2016, by Don Morfe of Baltimore, Maryland. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=93770

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
Paid Advertisements
 
 

Oct. 3, 2022