The Old Brick Reformed Church
The first building stood on Hendrickson’s Hill in what is now Marlboro Village. In 1782 a church was built on this present location but taken down in 1826 to make room for the present edifice.
The Oldest Reformed Church in Monmouth County, it gave birth in 1825 to the Holmdel Reformed Church. In 1842 to the Reformed Congregation in the town of Freehold and in 1856 to the Reformed Church in Colts Neck.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Churches & Religion • Colonial Era. A significant historical year for this entry is 1825.
Location. 40° 20.066′ N, 74° 14.42′ W. Marker is in Marlboro, New Jersey, in Monmouth County. Marker is on Newman Springs Road (CR 520). Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Marlboro NJ 07746, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Old St. Gabriel’s Church (approx. 0.6 miles away); Montrose School House (c. 1812)
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on April 10, 2016, by Don Morfe of Baltimore, Maryland. This page has been viewed 293 times since then and 38 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on April 10, 2016, by Don Morfe of Baltimore, Maryland. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.