Buffalo in Erie County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
St. John's Church
—— ·•· ——
Black Rock's German Evangelicals
first organized as a congregation
in 1847 and erected a church on
this site in 1852. It was replaced
in 1891 by the present structure.
Erected 2011 by Black Rock Heritage Trail.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Churches & Religion.
Location. 42° 56.108′ N, 78° 53.981′ W. Marker is in Buffalo, New York, in Erie County. Marker is on Amherst Street 0.1 miles east of East Street, on the left when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 85 Amherst Street, Buffalo NY 14207, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Jacob Smith House and Tavern (within shouting distance of this marker); Stephen W. Howell (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Market Square (about 600 feet away); Black Rock Harbor (about 600 feet away); Black Rock (about 600 feet away); Market Square (about 700 feet away); Burning of Blackrock and Buffalo (about 700 feet away); International Railroad Bridge (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Buffalo.
More about this marker. The figure at the top of the marker is the Buffalo History Museum.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on April 10, 2016, by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York. This page has been viewed 263 times since then and 17 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on April 10, 2016, by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York.