J.V.B. Wicoff Elementary School
The establishment of a school in a rural community was a mark of success and a desire for the local population to show its support of and interest in the education of the children of the township. In 1976, Plainsboro Township reorganized with its neighbor, West Windsor Township, to become the West Windsor-Plainsboro Regional School District.
This Historic Site Marker is a gift to the people of Plainsboro from the Middlesex County Board of Chosen Freeholders, 2012.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Education • Government & Politics. A significant historical year for this entry is 1919.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Burial site of "Elsie" (approx. one mile away); You'll Do Lobelia (approx. one mile away); Martian Landing Site (approx. 1.6 miles away); Scudders Mills (approx. 2 miles away); The Canal Dug By Irishmen (approx. 2.1 miles away); Washington’s Route from Princeton to Morristown (approx. 3.1 miles away); Kingston Cemetery (approx. 3.1 miles away); Kingston Presbyterian Church (approx. 3.1 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Plainsboro.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on April 12, 2016, by Don Morfe of Baltimore, Maryland. This page has been viewed 358 times since then and 70 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on April 12, 2016, by Don Morfe of Baltimore, Maryland. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.