Albany in Shackelford County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Lt. Col. William E. Dyess
(Aug. 9, 1916 - Dec. 22, 1943)
Erected 2004 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 13108.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Air & Space • War, World II. A significant historical date for this entry is August 9, 1916.
Location. 32° 44.293′ N, 99° 17.357′ W. Marker is in Albany, Texas, in Shackelford County. Marker can be reached from Cemetery Road (Williams Street), 0.2 miles north of Power Street. Marker is located in the southwest corner of Albany Cemetery at the grave Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Albany TX 76430, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within one mile of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Lieutenant Colonel William Edwin Dyess (here, next to this marker); First United Methodist Church of Albany (approx. 0.8 miles away); Site of the Reynolds Presbyterian Academy (approx. 0.8 miles away); Trinity Episcopal Church (approx. 0.8 miles away); Fort Griffin Fandangle (approx. 0.9 miles away); Albany's First Public School (approx. 0.9 miles away); Texas Central Railway Company (approx. one mile away); Ledbetter Picket House (approx. one mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Albany.
Also see . . . William Dyess - Wikipedia entry. (Submitted on April 17, 2016.)
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on April 17, 2016, by Duane Hall of Abilene, Texas. This page has been viewed 233 times since then and 21 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on April 17, 2016, by Duane Hall of Abilene, Texas.