Albany in Shackelford County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
The H.C. Jacobs House
Erected 1974 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 2313.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Settlements & Settlers. A significant historical year for this entry is 1842.
Location. 32° 43.537′ N, 99° 17.942′ W. Marker is in Albany, Texas, in Shackelford County. Marker is on S. Jacobs Street north of S. 1st Street, on the left when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Ledbetter Salt Works CSA (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Ledbetter Picket House (about 400 feet away); Georgia Battalion Memorial (about 400 feet away); City of Albany (about 500 feet away); Texas Central Railway Company (about 600 feet away); The Albany News (about 600 feet away); Matthews Memorial Presbyterian Church (about 700 feet away); The Lynch Building (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Albany.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on April 20, 2016, by Duane Hall of Abilene, Texas. This page has been viewed 272 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on April 20, 2016, by Duane Hall of Abilene, Texas.