Albany in Shackelford County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Erected 1996 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 4397.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Notable Buildings. A significant historical year for this entry is 1874.
Location. 32° 43.37′ N, 99° 17.73′ W. Marker is in Albany, Texas, in Shackelford County. Marker is on S. Walnut Street south of S. 2nd Street (Texas Highway 6), on the left when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 225 S Walnut St, Albany TX 76430, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. First Christian Church (within shouting distance of this marker); Shackelford County's First Permanent JailDr. Jack Shackelford (about 300 feet away); Shackelford County Courthouse (about 400 feet away); Shackelford County War Memorial (about 400 feet away); Lt. General Robert Boyd Williams (about 400 feet away); Lt. Colonel William Edwin Dyess (about 400 feet away); Rear Admiral Emory Arden Grantham (about 400 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Albany.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on April 20, 2016, by Duane Hall of Abilene, Texas. This page has been viewed 283 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on April 20, 2016, by Duane Hall of Abilene, Texas.