St. George's, Saint George, Grenada
St. George's Methodist Church
Although not located on Church Street, this structure has the distinction of being the oldest original church building in St. George's parish. It was constructed in 1820 and is still in use today. This brick structure, with simple brick buttresses supporting the side walls, does not have a spire as do the more elaborate churches of St. George's.
Erected by Grenada National Trust and Ministry of Tourism.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Churches & Religion. A significant historical year for this entry is 1820.
Location. 12° 3.198′ N, 61° 45.042′ W. Marker is in St. George's, Saint George. Marker is on Chapel Alley close to Green Street. Touch for map. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Grenada Seamen and Waterfront Workers’ Union (about 90 meters away, measured in a direct line); Destruction of the Bianca C (about 120 meters away); Roman Catholic Cathedral (about 180 meters away); Historic Sedan Chair Portico (about 210 meters away); Sedan Porches (about 210 meters away); Marryshow House (approx. 0.2 kilometers Grenada National Museum (approx. 0.4 kilometers away); Antilles Hotel (approx. 0.4 kilometers away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in St. George's.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 1, 2017. It was originally submitted on April 21, 2016, by J. Makali Bruton of Querétaro, Mexico. This page has been viewed 264 times since then and 22 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on April 21, 2016, by J. Makali Bruton of Querétaro, Mexico.