Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”

South Bound Brook in Somerset County, New Jersey — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
 

Fisher House

 
 
Fisher House Marker image. Click for full size.
By Don Morfe, April 7, 2016
1. Fisher House Marker
Inscription.  This 1688 house became the home of Hendrick Fisher, prominent citizen and patriot leader until his death in 1778
 
Topics. This memorial is listed in these topic lists: Colonial EraPatriots & PatriotismWar, US Revolutionary.
 
Location. 40° 32.759′ N, 74° 31.167′ W. Marker is in South Bound Brook, New Jersey, in Somerset County. Memorial is on Easton Avenue. This marker is on the grounds of St. Andrew's Ukrainian Orthodox Memorial Church and Cemetery. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1960 Easton Avenue (CR 527), South Bound Brook NJ 08880, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within one mile of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Saint Olha (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Ukrainian Famine Memorial (about 500 feet away); Ukrainian American Veterans Memorial (about 500 feet away); Abraham Staats House (approx. 0.4 miles away); a different marker also named Abraham Staats House (approx. 0.4 miles away); Battle of Bound Brook (approx. one mile away); Queen’s Bridge
Fisher House image. Click for full size.
By Don Morfe, April 7, 2016
2. Fisher House
(approx. one mile away); Delaware & Raritan Canal State Park (approx. 1.1 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in South Bound Brook.
 
Fisher House image. Click for full size.
By Don Morfe, April 7, 2016
3. Fisher House
Sign at the entrance to the St Andrew's property image. Click for full size.
By Don Morfe, April 7, 2016
4. Sign at the entrance to the St Andrew's property
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on April 21, 2016, by Don Morfe of Baltimore, Maryland. This page has been viewed 195 times since then and 14 times this year. Photos:   1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on April 21, 2016, by Don Morfe of Baltimore, Maryland. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.
Paid Advertisement
Jun. 1, 2020