Castries, Saint Lucia — Caribbean Region (Lesser Antilles)
Government House Saint Lucia
Mr. C. Messervy
Foundation stone laid October 15, 1894
This plaque was unveiled
HRH The Duke of York KCVO, ADC
22nd February 2004
in commemoration of the
25th Anniversary of Independence
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Notable Buildings. A significant historical date for this entry is February 22, 2004.
Location. 14° 0.326′ N, 60° 59.835′ W. Marker is in Castries. Marker is on Government House Road, on the left when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Castries LC04 301, Saint Lucia. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. World Wars Memorial (approx. 0.8 kilometers away); Sir William Arthur Lewis (approx. 0.8 kilometers away); Hon. Derek Alton Walcott (approx. 0.8 kilometers away); Derek Walcott Square (approx. 0.8 kilometers away); Sir John George Melvin Compton (approx. 0.9 kilometers away); Jean Baptiste BideauSimon Bolivar (approx. one kilometer away); William Arthur Lewis (approx. one kilometer away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Castries.
Credits. This page was last revised on April 22, 2018. It was originally submitted on April 24, 2016, by J. Makali Bruton of Querétaro, Mexico. This page has been viewed 269 times since then and 17 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on April 24, 2016, by J. Makali Bruton of Querétaro, Mexico.