Darlington in Harford County, Maryland — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Has Been Placed On The
Of Historic Places
By The United States
Department Of The Interior
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Notable Buildings. A significant historical year for this entry is 1810.
Location. 39° 38.039′ N, 76° 11.69′ W. Marker is in Darlington, Maryland, in Harford County. Marker is on Stafford Road. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1418 Stafford Road, Darlington MD 21034, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Conowingo (approx. 1.7 miles away); Lafayette at Colonel Rigbie’s House (approx. 1.8 miles away); Stafford Flint Furnace (approx. 1.8 miles away); Susquehanna River fishing (approx. 1.8 miles away); Deer Creek Harmony Presbyterian Church (approx. 1.9 miles away); Berkley Crossroads (approx. 2 miles away); Prospect School (approx. 2½ miles away); A Susquehannock Indian Fort (approx. 2.7 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Darlington.
1. Keziah's Diary - Description from
Keziah’s Diary, 1448 Stafford Road, Darlington, Maryland 21034. Built c. 1810, the historic stone house known as Keziah’s Diary was originally owned by William Stump and deeded to his daughter Keziah and her husband Richard Jackson in 1831. Mr. Jackson was a businessman in Darlington and an active community leader of his day. The house eventually came in to possession of George Robinson who owned the old Robinson Mill just north of Darlington. After falling into tremendous disrepair, Keziah’s Diary has undergone a complete restoration/renovation. The home includes original slave quarters, accessible from a narrow stairwell from the current kitchen. Note the custom tin panels on the kitchen cabinets, reproduced using the original 19th century pie safe designs. The incorporated smokehouse with original creosote covered walls and meat drying hooks still remain. Wide plank floorboards and period wall stenciling are present throughout. The dining rooms beamed ceiling and stone fireplace boast a warming oven in the kitchen. A Colonial style circular brick garden and patio have been created using antique bricks salvaged from early buildings. Keziah’s Diary is furnished with regional rural antiques and period accessories.
— Submitted May 7, 2016.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on May 7, 2016, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland. This page has been viewed 413 times since then and 37 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on May 7, 2016, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland.