Santa Anna in Coleman County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
The Turner House
Built 1886 by an attorney from Mississippi. Colonial architecture. House was enlarged from 8 to 12 rooms after 1903 purchase by Fred W. Turner, rancher and oilman.
This was gathering place for area social and business leaders.
Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1968
Erected 1968 by State Historical Survey Committee. (Marker Number 5574.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Notable Buildings. A significant historical year for this entry is 1886.
Location. 31° 44.556′ N, 99° 19.791′ W. Marker is in Santa Anna, Texas, in Coleman County. Marker can be reached from the intersection of Wallis Avenue (U.S. 84) and 7th Street, on the right when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Santa Anna TX 76878, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Santa Anna Veterans Memorial (approx. 0.3 miles away); Santa Anna, C.S.A. (approx. 0.4 miles away); First Christian Church of Santa Anna (approx. half a mile away); Stonemason T.T. Perry (approx. 0.7 miles away); Thomas T. PerrySanta Anna Cemetery (approx. 1.1 miles away); Emma Daugherty Banister (approx. 1.2 miles away); John R. Banister (approx. 1.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Santa Anna.
Credits. This page was last revised on November 2, 2020. It was originally submitted on May 9, 2016, by Duane Hall of Abilene, Texas. This page has been viewed 289 times since then and 10 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on May 9, 2016, by Duane Hall of Abilene, Texas.